Registration is open for the Pennsylvania LGBTQ Aging Summit!
October 9 - October 10
Please join us for the inaugural Pennsylvania Department of Aging LGBTQ Aging Summit on October 9th – 10th! The Summit will be held at the Sheraton Harrisburg – Hershey at 4650 Lindle Road in
The LGBTQ Aging Summit will feature:
- Kathy Greenlee, former Assistant Secretary of Aging at the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Michael Adams, Chief Executive Officer at SAGE (Advocacy & Services for LGBT Elders)
- Community Panel – LGBTQ older adults share their lived experiences related to inclusivity, barriers to services and more.
- Provider Panel – Providers who have journeyed in the space of increasing LGBTQ inclusiveness in the older adult community share knowledge and experience.
- State Panel – Members of Governor Tom Wolf’s cabinet including Dr. Rachel Levine, Secretary of Health; Teresa Osborne, Secretary of Aging and others answer questions and discuss current issues.
Regional Planning Session:
- LGBTQ community members and aging services providers will work collectively to develop strategies to promote greater LGBTQ inclusivity in their communities
Join the Summit attendees and presenters for a networking reception immediately following the programming on October 9th.
Day 1 – Tuesday, October 9th
Summit: 3:00 – 5:15 p.m.
Reception: 5:15 – 6:30 p.m.
Day 2 – Wednesday, October 10th
Summit: 8:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Attending Both Days $50
Attending Only Day 1 $20
Attending Only Day 2 $30
Scholarship opportunities are available to older adults who would like to attend but are unable to pay for the cost of registration.
Request a scholarship for the Summit