Income-eligible older adults in Philadelphia may be eligible for reduced-price high-speed internet through the Internet Essentials program by Comcast. As part of this program, eligible seniors can access high-speed internet services for $9.95/month plus tax.
Features of Internet Essentials include:
- No term contract or credit check
- No installation or equipment fees
- Free in-home WiFi
- The option to purchase an Internet-ready computer for $149.99
- Free in-person and online digital literacy classes to make the most out of your home internet connection
The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for this program:
- You must be at least 62 years old and receive eligible state and/or federal assistance
- You must live in the city of Philadelphia and be serviceable by Comcast
- You must not have outstanding debt to Comcast that is less than one year old
If you are younger than 62, you may qualify for Internet Essentials if you meet the eligibility for families or public housing residents.
To apply for Internet Essentials, visit www.internetessentials.com or call 855-848-6348.