Like many of you, we are closely following the news regarding COVID-19. We understand that this is a stressful time and that there is a lot of information to digest.
In the many cases, the symptoms of COVID-19 are mild. However, older adults and people with chronic medical conditions are at higher risk for more serious COVID-19 illness.
The LGBT Elder Initiative will be cancelling all programming through the end of April. All programs will be rescheduled for a later date. We are following the advice of public health officials and being abundantly cautious to ensure that we are not putting any member of our community at risk. Our staff will be working remotely during this time.
We will continue to closely monitor any developments related to COVID-19 in Pennsylvania and will take the necessary precautions to keep people safe.
The following are some additional resources related to COVID-19:
- Greater Philadelphia Coronavirus Hotline: 1-800-722-7112
- PA Department of Health: PA COVID-19 Updates (updated daily)
- Philadelphia Department of Public Health: Coronavirus Disease 2019
- City of Philadelphia: Getting tested for COVID-19
- Administration for Community Living: What do Older Adults and People with Disabilities Need to Know?
- City of Philadelphia: Where to find free, nutritious food during COVID-19